Go Virtual for Your Next Company Event
As mobility and access have continued to be a requirement for major corporate events, and as the world continues to respond and adapt to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, virtual events have grown in popularity. But pivoting from in-person to virtual events can be tricky. Whether you are reconfiguring an existing corporate event or planning your next conference, we have your all-access pass to planning the perfect virtual corporate event.
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL EVENT?
In short, a virtual event is an interactive gathering that takes place on the internet rather than in-person. Many large-scale events like SXSW and Coachella have started incorporating virtual components into their live events for some time and are reaching a wider audience as a result. From audience reach to extremely measurable metrics, virtual events offer a great many benefits, too.
HOW TO HOST A VIRTUAL EVENT?
When planning your event, there are a few key questions that must be addressed as part of your event strategy.
- What kind of experience do you want your attendees to have?
- Will the event be live or on-demand?
- Will attendees continue to have access once your event is over?
- Will access to some parts or all the event have a fee (i.e. gated) or be free?
- Do you plan to work with sponsors or vendors?
- What days or times work best for the event?
- Will attendees need to register?
- What platform or platforms will you use?
From Facebook to TikTok, just about every social media platform has a live video feature. Many live streams will show real-time commentary from viewers and some, like Instagram, allows users to go live with a friend – a great solution for an “ask me anything” or co-presentation.
Webinars are handy tools for training and presentations. They allow material to be presented in real-time and saved for viewing later. There are a great many platforms that event planners can utilize for their next event. Among them are:
- Demio: Allows for live and pre-recorded webinars, and included interactive polls, call-to-action-buttons, and private chat.
- 6connex: Accessible from any device without the need to install software or apps, this platform includes social media integration, real-time analytics, and flexible registration.
- Crowdcast: Accessible from any browser through a single URL, this platform includes replays, registration forms, and analytics.
CONFERENCING AND NETWORKING
When you want to keep the feel of more traditional formal events, there is a wide array of tools that will enable you to host a virtual networking event.
- Brella: This platform allows for speakers, agendas, sponsors, and individual streams.
- 6connex: In addition to its webinar capabilities, 6connex allows event planners to onboard exhibitors by creating virtual booths. The platform also includes chat and live stream options.
- Hop In: An all-in-one solution that covers meetings, webinars, live broadcasts, and trade shows.
Whether you need help planning your virtual meeting or event or are looking for the best ideas to take your existing event to the next level, our experienced Toronto corporate event-planning professionals have the experience and expertise to make your meeting unforgettable. Arrange a consultation today by calling Fusion Events at 416-825-4938.