So your beloved popped the big question as you shared a romantic moment on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or even New Year’s Eve! So, now that you have said “yes,” while reveling in the excitement of spending your future’s together, there are specific things you need to do next. Don’t worry, these are not painstaking processes and most of them are fun and enjoyable for both you and your fiancé!
1. Call your parents and relatives. If your parents were not part of the proposal, before heading over to Facebook and updating your status to engaged, or sending out a blast Tweet to everyone of your Twitter followers, it is best to call those family and friends that mean the most to you and tell them over the phone or better, face-to-face.
2. Have your engagement ring sized and insured. Your fiancé might have guessed on the ring size so it might require a little adjusting to fit your finger properly. Since you will want to show off your new ring, make sure your fiancé already had it appraised and insured.
3. Schedule an appointment to have your hands manicured. Since everyone will be checking out the new fancy ring on your finger, you want your hands to also look their best! Plus, it can be fun to get both a manicure and pedicure with your partner.
4. Savor this special time. Just because you got engaged, does not mean you are heading off to the wedding chapel next week. Enjoy your engagement and the romance of being able to spend the rest of your lives together, before jumping into pre-wedding planning mode.
5. Have fun dreaming about your wedding with your special guy. Find time where you can both sit down and start sharing your wedding fantasies – even guys have them, while not necessary the fairytale dream you have – most have some idea of what they would like as they take the next step in their relationships and tie the knot.
6. Arrange an appointment with a Toronto wedding planner. Some people might tell you to pick a date or make a budget first, but these tasks might leave you overwhelmed, so why not enlist the help of a professional from the get-go? After all, experienced wedding planners are more than happy to lend their expertise about different options for weddings at any time of the year, as well as effective budgeting strategies.
7. Select the season you want to get married.After meeting with your wedding planner and finding out more about weddings held at different times of the year, narrow down which one sounds the most exciting for the both of you. For instance, a wintertime holiday wedding to celebrate your engagement might sound exciting, but then again, you and your fiancé might prefer a destination wedding on a warm sandy beach instead.
8. Work with your wedding planner to iron out the finer details. From securing the right venue to booking highly sought after vendors, like wedding DJs, photographers, and caterers, your wedding planner will provide their guidance and support to ensure you obtain the highest quality vendors in the industry!