The hush of a winter’s day, with a scene already decorated with glistening icicles, snowcapped trees, and the magic and stillness of the season, winter is the perfect time for a wedding. A winter wedding lends itself to romance – what better time to snuggle up and get cozy with your partner. The wedding planners at Fusions Events can help you create the winter wedding of your dreams.
- Use the muted palette of wintertime as a backdrop for simple elegance. To create warmth and intimacy, use simple tapers and pillar candles to fill the room with candlelight
- Consider incorporating pine boughs or sprigs of mistletoe into your centerpieces.
- Commission an ice sculpture to decorate your reception venue.
- Bring a bit of the outdoors inside and use natural elements, like pine cones or carved birch wood, to display escort cards.
- If you are getting married during Christmastime, Christmas trees make excellent decorations. Decorate the trees with ornaments in your wedding colors and you can even include ornaments that have special meaning for you and your future spouse.
For a timeless, elegant look choose flowers such as white roses, football mums, lilies, and stephanotis. Accent your centerpieces or bouquets with dusty miller, pine sprigs, or silver dollar eucalyptus. For more color, use red roses and holly and pine tree greenery.
Or if you want to skip the flowers, use branches and greenery instead. Adding a bough of bare branches to a tall clear glass vase is a simple and elegant statement centerpiece. To add a bit of twinkle, use small battery operated white lights.
Wintertime is the perfect time to get playful with your wedding menu. For the foodie couple, you can skip the typical wedding fare and opt for rich warm foods, soups, and primal cuts of beef. Offer your vegetarian guests and array of hearty root vegetables. Add a spiked hot chocolate station, a hot toddy station, and more savory specialty drinks.
Let your guests carry the warmth of your wintertime wedding home with them by giving them each a personalized votive candle. If the votive candles will be inside a holder, have the glass holders etched; the frosted look will carry your winter theme through.
If you and most of your guests celebrate Christmas, and your wedding is around Christmastime, an ornament makes a perfect favor. Just make sure to keep the ornaments simple and tasteful, so your guests will want to use them on their Christmas trees.
For the more environmental couple, little saplings are a lovely favor. Your wedding will live on as the tree grows and you will give something back to the environment, too!
Here at Fusion Events, our certified wedding planners are ready to help you create the winter wedding of your dreams. Contact us today at 416-651-3873 to schedule a consultation appointment or book online anytime.