If you are like most people, you have pictured and envisioned your wedding day since you were a little girl. You know exactly what you desire, from how you want to arrive and enter the ceremony to the colour of your wedding dress and bride’s maids’ dresses, and more. You might even picture a fairytale wedding at some exotic location, like an English castle in the UK or on the black sand beaches in Hawaii, which are just a few types of destination weddings.
Planning a successful, beautiful, and elegant wedding can seem challenging if you attempt to do it all on your own. Enlisting help from your bride’s maids and family members could help. However, the people helping you could potentially try to take over your wedding and start planning it how they want it to be, not how YOU envisioned it from the very beginning.
There are several things you can do to help ensure your special day is exactly how YOU want it. Before you start shopping for wedding dresses, picking out flowers, and sampling wedding cakes, the first thing you need to do is sit down with your fiancé and your families, if appropriate, and schedule an consultation appointment with a top Toronto wedding planning company, like Fusion Events.
It is often beneficial to have an experienced and professional wedding planner on hand as you discuss what it is you picture for your perfect wedding. Your wedding planner can take into account what it is your desire, along with input from your fiancé, to ensure you both have a truly memorable wedding day.
Some of the topics that are discussed during the initial consultation, include, but may not be limited to:
- Wedding Venue
- Wedding Decorations
- Wedding Colours and Theme
- Entertainment Options
- Wedding Photography and Videography Options
- Wedding Reception
- Wedding Catering Options
- Wedding Cake Options
One of the primary benefits of obtaining help from an experienced wedding planner is they already have built relationships and connections with a wide array of wedding vendors, suppliers, and could even provide a “one-stop” solution. In addition, they understand how each aspect planning your wedding needs to work together seamlessly. Not to mention, working with your own wedding planner will help you save a significant amount of time and allow you to concentrate on other, more important aspects of planning your wedding, like where you want to go on your honeymoon.
Fun Wedding Ideas and Other Wedding Planning Tips
In this section, our Toronto wedding planners provide you with some fun wedding ideas and wedding planning tips you can incorporate into your wedding, to make your special day even more memorable.
- Consider non-traditional venues for your ceremony and reception. For instance, museums, aquariums, parks, and other such locations, which typically do not do weddings on a regular basis, could result in a more romantic and unique setting and background for your special day. For instance, imagine being married in front of a huge aquarium full of fish, dolphins, or even sharks. Your wedding pictures would be stunning and appear like you got married under the sea!
- Design your own wedding invitations. There are several free apps available online you can use to create and print professional quality invitations. Not only is it fun to tap into your creative energy, you also have full control over the design of the invitations.
- Take control of your guest list. If you want a small, intimate wedding with only your closest friends and family members, then make sure you avoid feeling pressured into inviting friends-of-friends, your parents’ co-workers, and other non-essential guests to your special day. On the other hand, if you want a big, elaborate wedding with hundreds, or even thousands of people, then feel free to invite everyone.
- Choose flowers to fit the theme/colours of your wedding. Remember to select flowers which will work well with your wedding theme and colours. In some cases, you may need to modify your colours or theme to match the flowers, if there are certain flower you “must-have” but would otherwise not fit.
- Tap into the latest technologies. Your wedding planner uses the most advanced technologies for planning and executing your wedding, from social media sites and registration software to email and text reminders and 2D and 3D renderings, and more! Take advantage of these to stay on top of important pre-wedding dates, appointments, and meetings, as well as to send updates and announcements to all the people on your guest list.
- Create a shared photo album on a social media site for posting pictures of all of your pre-wedding activities. Work with your wedding planner to create a shared digital pre-wedding album on your favourite social media site for friends and family members to view all of your pre-wedding pictures you and your brides maids take on your smartphones, like sampling wedding cakes, trying on wedding dresses, or sampling food while interviewing caterers.
For more wedding planning tips, suggestions, and ideas, as well as professional assistance in preparing your wedding, contact the experts at Fusion Events by calling 416-651-3873 today to schedule an initial, no obligation, consultation appointment. We are a full service Toronto wedding planning company, with certified wedding planners. We even represent and manage our own live wedding entertainers!