The fall is normally the start of the time of year for corporate events in the GTA. The weather is a bit cooler, so it allows for events to be held outdoors easier. From new product launches to fundraising events and everything in between, in order to have a successful event, take the time to review the following tips and suggestions, presented by top Toronto corporate events planners, Fusion Events.
1. Determine the target audience. Knowing your target audience will help you develop and achieve specific objectives and goals, as well as remain focused on the scope of the event.
2. Establish a budget. Unless you have no limit on the amount you want to spend, you need to set a budget.
3. Schedule an appointment with a corporate events planner in Toronto. Working with the experienced event planners at Fusion Events gives you access to numerous resources, like caterers, entertainers, videographers, photographers, and other professionals to ensure your corporate event is a success.
4. Choose a theme. Most corporate events have a theme based upon the target audience. For instance, you may want a period-costume/renaissance ball type them for a fundraising event. Another popular theme during the month of October is Halloween. When choosing a theme, just remember to keep the main objectives for the event in mind.
5. Check conflicts with other industry/corporate events before setting a date and time. One of your objectives for a successful event is to have the majority of your invitees at the event. Have your event planner verify there are no other events that might take people away from yours. Also avoid scheduling events during times when people tend to go on holiday or vacation.
6. Use social media to your advantage. Social media is a valuable tool to make people aware of your corporate event. Make sure to update pages or get help from your event planner.
7. Choose a venue. Never book a venue without having visited the location yourself to ensure it will meet your needs.
8. Create a program for the event. The program is meant to help you decide how you want the event to flow, such as meet and greets, dining times, guest speakers, entertainers, and so on.
9. Book entertainment for the event. Entertainment at the right time can re-energize your guests. For other types of events, you may want the entertainers to perform multiple sets throughout the event, or have them at the end prior to the close of the event.
10. Have fun! Hosting a corporate event can seem challenging if you attempt to do it on your own. It is much more fun and exciting when you enlist help from our corporate event planners and let them take care of the finer details so you can concentrate on your guests.
For a no-obligation initial meeting to discuss your upcoming corporate event, please feel free to contact Fusion Events at 416-651-3873 today!