By: Dana Mattar
Why Should I Hire A Wedding Planner?
Well, tis the season to get married! Of course I’d say that, Im a Wedding Planner; in my eyes its ALWAYS the season.
Lets see, where do you start. WHERE do you start? (That question alone would stress me out as a bride or groom). Which is why there is a simple, logical, and morally genius response to that question. Two words: Wedding Planner (or Wedding Coordinator/Wedding Consultant – whatever floats your boat).
You know what they say: The average couple could spend up to 250 hours planning their special day without the assistance of a Wedding Planner. Do you know how much that is? 250 hours is equal to 15,000 minutes. And if you want to get REALLY specific, 250 hours is equal to (WARNING: THIS NUMBER YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ MAY CONTAIN WAY TOO MANY ZERO’S FOR ONES LIKING. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED) 90,000 seconds!!
Here is another example; let’s say you made an average of $30 per hour at work, multiply that by 250 hours. That would equate to approximately $7,500. The average cost of hiring a Toronto Wedding Planner is approximately $1500 – $4000 – you can see the benefit of hiring a Wedding Planner immediately. Your time is money!
Hiring a Wedding Planner is probably the best thing a couple can do. A lot of people might think that it is just another added expense to the already possibly traumatizing wedding budget. Fear not, my love birds! That is only but a myth.
Its quite the opposite actually. See, a Wedding Planner usually has “connections”, if you will, in the industry, and could, a lot of the times, negotiate a better deal for you and your honey – deals and discounts that are usually not available to the public.
A Wedding Planner isn’t here to make decisions for you, but rather to help you make informed decisions. Not only that, we’re pretty “super-human”, if you will. Not ONLY will we be your Wedding Planner, but we can also be a family counselor (for those of you who know you are bound to have family feuds regarding wedding details), or we can even become as close as your best friends during the Wedding Planning period!
*Reasons to hire a Wedding Planner:
1) Time – As I mentioned previously, it takes about 250 hours for the average couple to plan their wedding without a Wedding Planner.
2) More value – Hiring a Wedding Planner can help you get more value out of your vendors. We’ll make sure to get you the most value for your hard earned money!
3) Stress Reliever – Wedding Planners can take a lot of stress off of your shoulders. We handle all the pressure of planning your big day to make sure everything runs smoothly and perfectly.
4) Dreams Turned Into Reality – Most brides (and many grooms) have been dreaming about their wedding day since they could remember. A Wedding Planner will work for you to ensure that all your dreams are met, and often surpassed!
5) Advice Gurus – Wedding Planners have worked on countless weddings, so we know what works and what doesn’t. We are able to recommend appropriate vendors, according to our clients wants and needs.
6) Create Schedules – It is often hard for a couple to keep track of all the events leading up to the big day, along with all the things happening during the wedding. A Wedding Planner can! We are experienced in making detailed itineraries for everybody involved (including vendors), and making sure that everything happens according to schedule.
7) Handling a Crisis – Most big events, such as a wedding, come across some sort of crisis, from the flower girl throwing a tantrum to the cake not being delivered on time. A Wedding Planner knows how to handle these unforeseen circumstances and make sure everything gets taken care of so and that you don’t even know about it!
8) Orchestrates From Rehearsal Until End of Reception – A Wedding Planner is responsible for organizing the rehearsal and making sure the bridal party is lined up correctly. Wedding Planners orchestrate from rehearsal through to the end of the reception, making sure everything goes off without a hitch.
9) Mediator – It’s a known fact thats it is almost impossible to make everyone happy when planning a wedding. A Wedding Planner is a safe and neutral person to point to for direction. It is MUCH easier telling your future mother-in-law, “My planner thinks we need to…” rather than “I think we need to…”
10) Minimize Stress and Maximize Fun! – Hiring a Wedding Planner ensures that you will have a worry-free and stress-free day, allowing you to enjoy your day like your guests!
Like any other relationship, (or in this case, your marriage), it can’t happen if there is no trust. Which is why you should definitely have full faith and trust in the Wedding Planner before you hire them. Comfort is key. Now, this can apply to buying a pair of shoes (although, some people will use the whole “it hurts to look good” thing, but you get my point), to hiring a Wedding Planner. You should definitely feel comfortable with your Wedding Planner and guarantee that he or she really understands what your wants and needs are.
Hiring a Wedding Planner used to only be thought of as a “luxury”. Things have changed – thankfully. Nowadays, it is an asset to hire a Wedding Planner, to ensure that the entire process, from the day you hire a Planner, to the day you get married, runs smoothly.
Great read, I don’t know how couples ever managed without wedding planners, just to have one there on the day to coordinate the various tasks and personnel is a God send